This page was updated on October 2020
Space time media LTD. (“Dialogue”, “we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“user”, “you”) and its users’ clients (“Consumer”). The following information describes how Dialogue collects and processes information about you and your Consumers when you use our Services (as defined below).
- Your rights and your Consumers rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Dialogue provides a web-based virtual vendor and consumer behavior analytics platform (the “Platform”) which allows its users to provide a better online shopping experience to their respective Consumers, and optimize their sales accordingly. The Platform includes a dashboard which reflects to its users, the statistical analysis conducted by Dialogue and aids them in optimizing Consumer engagement and turnover rates. Dialogue is also engaged in the ideation, development, maintenance and provision of a website (the “Website”) which provides information on Dialogue’s Platform (the Platform and Website shall be defined collectively herein as the “Services”). (Fully automated AI-powered personalization platfrom)
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, job title, payment details and the location of the computer through which you used the Services (hereinafter: “Personal Information”) . Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, by registering to the Platform or if you email us.
Additionally, over the course of provision of our Services to you, we will collect information pertaining to your Consumers, and specifically, the online identifiers of your Consumers. Such collection of Personal Information enables us to provide you with our dashboard which displays our analyzed assessment of Consumers’ interest in your offered products and services (hereinafter: “Consumer Personal Information”).
Please note that following your registration to our Platform, we will secure Consumer Personal Information by hashing it, and providing it our own unique identifier, to assure that Consumers may not be personally identified and that their privacy will not be compromised.
We use the Personal Information we collect from you or, when applicable, the Consumer Personal Information we receive from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information or Consumer Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
1. Providing the Requested Services
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with our conversion-optimization Platform and related Services.
- We collect Consumer Personal Information to provide the Consumers with a superior online shopping experience in accordance with the Services we provide to our users.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you use or intend to use.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services.
2. Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Dialogue’s Services and to help provide more information on the use of Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website or Platform to ensure they are user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
3. Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Website or Platform;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
4. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Dialogue’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Platform by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. We share your Personal Information with our third party payment processors who process your payment details on our behalf, to assure that any payment details you submit are secured in accordance with the highest data security standard. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services . Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Services. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Services to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Dialogue, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of our Website or Platform or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the “EU“;) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to Personal Information collected on our Website, Dialogue is a “Data Controller”. Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
With respect to Consumer Personal Information collected for the provision of the Services to our users, Dialogue is a “Data Processor”. Therefore, if you are our user’s Consumer, for detailed information concerning the exercise of your rights, you may contact the user of our Services. Regardless of your relationship with us, should you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at: [email protected] and we will make our best efforts to facilitate your request.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, Dialogue agrees to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us at: [email protected]
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, Dialogue agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Services. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the experience for all of our visitors when using the Services. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Services to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Services, the location from which you accessed the Website or Platform and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on these Services. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to [email protected] . You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Services and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Dialogue does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Dialogue to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
The service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction